Friday, September 16, 2005
10.7.05 The Gospel Movie
I've been wanting to talk about this movie, since they began shooting the film at the beginning of this year, but I was forced into keeping all my behind the scenes info to myself. My sister, MeLana, who's sitting directly behind Boris Kodjoe with a smirk on her face, is in the movie as a choir member. She also performs in the movie as well. She forced me to keep silent (contract violation she claimed. Well, now I have the greenlight to chat about it. Did I tell you my sister can sing the shivers out ya? :)

The cast:
Rainforest Films' The Gospel, which stars Boris Kodjoe, Idris Elba (HBO's The Wire), Omar Gooding (Showtime's Barbershop series, Baby Boy) and Nona Gaye (Crash, The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions), Keisha Knight Pulliam(The Cosby Show,Beauty Shop) with a special guest appearance by gospel songstress Yolanda Adams. Others: Clifton Powell, Dwayne Boyd,Frank Taylor, American Idol's Tamyra Gray, Fred Hammond, Donnie McClurkin, Martha Munizzi, Michael J. Pagan, John Fitzgerald Page, Brandon Thaxton, Hezekiah Walker, Delores Winans, Aloma Wright. Atlanta's Frank Ski, B Chase Williams, our Music Minister, Ms. Latonya Moore, MeLana Jones-my lil sis.

The Premise as quoted from Upscale Magazine Online:
The Gospel tells the story of David (Boris), an R&B artist who abandoned his church-based family for superstardom. After learning that his pastor father (played by Clifton Powell) is near death, he returns home only to be confronted by his family's hostility. Not to mention his music empire is in jeopardy and his childhood rival (Idris Elba) is campaigning to become his father's successor.

The Heart of the Story as quoted from Yahoo! Movies:
A young singer turns his back on God and his father's church when tragedy strikes. He returns years later to find the once powerful congregation in disarray. With his childhood nemesis creating a "new vision" for the church, he is forced to deal with family turmoil, career suicide and relationship issues that send him on a collision course with redemption or destruction.

The music: Kirk Franklin produced the soundtrack. We have been playing it in our home since August. I'm telling you this is the best gospel album of the past three years. Its's that good.

Click on this Blog Title to direct you to The Gospel Movie Site. The movie will be at a theatre near you 10.07.05.

Dee (Can you see how proud I am of my sister:) )
posted by Unknown @ 11:41 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
African American News Blog Alternative
About Me

I'm Dee

Contact me Here. See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER